A jewel in the famous Garden Route, Hermanus is perfect for nature lovers and thrill seekers alike
A wonderful base from which to explore the Garden Route, or a perfect stop-off as part of a longer tour of The Cape, Hermanus provides excellent access to sweeping beaches, rocky peninsulas, lush greenery and the whale watching that it is rightly famous for. Here's what Hermanus has to offer:
- Dramatic scenery and beautiful cliff top walks
- Tours of the Abalone Farm including wine tasting and the chance to sample wonderful seafood delicacies
- Cage diving with Great White sharks
- The best land-based whale watching in the world
- The Grootbos Nature Reserve for walks, hikes and private scenic flights
- Horseback rides and marine 'Big 5' tours
For the utmost in luxury and natural beauty, we recommend that guests stay at either the regal Birkenhead House or the divine Marine which offers some of the most spectacular seascapes on earth.
What you say about us:
We loved your extra touches - the card before we left, the welcome rum at the airport, the beach bag... We will be delighted to recommend you and Mauritius to lots of people.
Robin & Olivia Collett