What You ‘Must-Do’ in Dubai
People tell you that as your children grow older you can breathe a sigh of relief at no longer having to arrange birthday parties at soft-play centres or spend a small fortune on taking the whole class indoor-skiing. This is true. However, what they fail to tell you is that as independent as your grown-up children may insist they are, they still want you to make a fuss.
If your children live around the corner from you, generally the rule is that they will ‘invite’ you to the most expensive restaurant in town where you will be expected to pay.
If, as in the case of one of my sons, they decide to take up a career opportunity in another country – you’ve guessed it – they’ll want you to go over and visit.
All work and no play
As dutiful parents who love to travel, my husband and I will soon be boarding a plane to Dubai so that we can be there to celebrate our son’s special day, but we can’t be there all year round. So, in the spirit of making sure that his life isn’t all work and no play, I’ve compiled a list of my Dubai ‘must-do’s’ which I thought I’d share with you.
- Visit the Burj Khalifa and enjoy a drink at the highest outdoor observatory in the world
- Dine by the world-famous choreographed Dubai Fountains
- Book a day in the desert and explore the dunes
- Rent a boat for half a day where you can drink and dine with friends
- Ski on snow covered mountains (yes – really!)
- Take a 2-hour drive to Zighy Bay in Oman
- Sky dive for a unique (and quite possibly hair-raising) view
Where to stay
Of the hotels that I recommend in Dubai (click here for the full list) there are two that stand out for me:
- The Residence at One&Only Royal Mirage – on account of its total commitment to indulgence.
- Jumeirah Al Naseem – Dubai’s newest luxury hotel. Click here for a great review by a travel friend of mine (and a guest appearance from yours truly).
He knows me so well….
Happily for me, my son knows his mother well and suggested that I use his birthday visit as a means by which to uncover some new experiences for my customers. Smart cookie. As a result, his birthday celebrations include a research trip to Oman – I can’t wait to share with you what we discover.
Susie Freeman travel specialises in bespoke, luxury holidays to the Indian Ocean, United Arab Emirates and Southern Africa. To plan your next break, call +44 (0) 1488 668821 or email email@example.com.
What you say about us:
Very much enjoying Paradise Cove and they couldn't do more for us, all because we are Susie Freeman guests! What a wonderful reputation you have here.
Mike & Judy Good